Dil Se Strings are probably one of the UK’s longest established Bollywood classical string quartets on the wedding and corporate network. Since the summer of 2005, Dil Se Strings have turned some of the greatest Indian film songs into classical compositions using violins, viola and cello, to add another ‘string to the bow’ of Bollywood’s greatest hits!
Our quartet have performed at a number of prestigious venues including Downing Street, The Tower of London, Tate Britain, Kensington Palace, Windsor Castle, Birmingham Symphony Hall and a host of top 5-star hotels across London and the UK as well as in the USA, Italy and India. Our team have nearly a decade of experience at performing at Asian events and wedding functions and can dress to compliment most themes and occasions.
Our repertoire includes the classics from Bach, Strauss, Gershwin and Bernstein to legends of Bollywood cinema including RD Burman, Jatin-Lalit, Pritam, Vishal-Shekhar and AR Rahman. You can choose from our repertoire and choose the songs that mean most to you or let us entertain your audience with know-how of Asian themed events.
Having performed at over 500+ events for a wide and varied client list from blue chip companies, TV celebrities, sports stars and of course many private wedding clients – Dil Se Strings are the first choice for Bollywood string music in the UK!
Our repertoire includes:
- Tujhe Dekha To – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
- Kabhi Kabhie
- Chand Sifarish – Fanna
- Agar Tum Mil Jao – Zeher
- Kabie Kushie Kabie Gham
- Pehla Nasha – Jo Jeeta Woh Sikander
- Bheegey Hont – Murder
- Suraj Hua Maddham – Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- Tum Dil Ke Dhadkan – Dhadkan
- Main Agar Kahoon – Om Shanti Om
- Jashn-E-Bahaara – Jodhaa Akbar
- Teri Ore – Singh is Kinng
- Khuda Jaane – Bachna Ae Haseeno
- Gujarish – Ghajini
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Mitwa – Laagan
- Sanjan Ji Ghar Ayee – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Dhadkan – Title Song
- Main Yahaan Hoon – Veer Zaara
- Jab Se Tere Naina – Saawariya
- Ishq Sufiana – The Dirty Picture
- Teri Meri Prem Kahani – Bodyguard
- Tere Mast Mast Do Nain – Dabangg
- Tujh Me Rab Dikhta Hain – Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Typically, for Asian wedding Drinks and Cocktail receptions, we are booked for 2 hours which is ample time for guests to enjoy the music and the ambience of the occasion and this also allows for any delays that your event might have incurred.
PA/sound is preferred to enhance to performance but not essential. We would strongly suggest for guests over 100, or in open or high-ceiling venues that PA is booked either with us or your own independent supplier.
- A space of around 3 x 3 meters is ideal
- 4 armless chairs
- A covered or shaded performance area, out of direct sunlight